2.27.2007

Heroes last night

What the friggin' frig? I love Heroes, definitely my favorite show. I think I can even say, with a certain amount of confidence, that I prefer Heroes to Law and Order now. Anybody that knows me knows that means a lot.

But last night's show was like one giant commercial! There just seemed to be way too many commercial breaks, and this on top of the prominence of that damn Nissan Armada in the Bennet's driveway! I have a problem with a good show selling out like this - not only selling product placements within the show, but then also having too many commercials during the break.

Hell, I kept flipping over to the Thomas Crowne Affair. The original one! I had time to watch some pointless seen with a dunebuggy out in the waves. I guess it wasn't completely pointless, because dunebuggies are cool.

Anyway, too many commercials. NBC has to watch itself, because of a few facts here:

1) Overall, their network sucks. ER is like stinky old cheese that only strange Brits think is awesome. Merideth Viera looks like a creepy witch, although she's nice. I don'think they cover one decent sport anymore. There just aren't many reasons to tune in.

2) GE, as a whole, isn't quite the cash cow it once was, in part due to NBC sucking wind.

3) People like Heroes, but people don't like extra commercials. Plus you already have product placements!

I just think that you gotta leave well enough alone. The show isn't even a year old, and they're already willing to dilute it's 1-hour block of television with these extra ads. I don't think people will respond too well.

Plus, what the hell is the Black Donnelys? It's like Sleepers meets the Boondock Saints in a blender, and comes out all messed up and crappy.

Here's an equation for success, NBC - Monday nights - 9:00 - Heroes. 10:00 - another episode of Heroes. Wednesday, all day - law and order. Thursday - all day - Law and Order and Seinfeld repeats.

No comments: